Frank & Kraft provides representation to seniors in Lawrence, Indiana who need help preparing for the future. While Frank & Kraft is a full-service elder law firm, it is not just seniors who can benefit from the services that our legal team provides. Elder law attorneys offer comprehensive help to people of all ages who want to make plans for the future. This can include preparing for retirement, planning for illness or incapacity, or creating a legacy plan.
If you live in Lawrence, Indiana, you should give us a call to find out what our compassionate and knowledgeable legal team can do for you. You can get the help you need so you and your loved ones will be as safe and secure as possible even if tragedy strikes. Call now to find out more about the help that we can offer. You can also read on to learn about some elder law resources in Indiana that could be helpful to you if you live in the Lawrence area.
Services for Seniors in Lawrence, Indiana
It often becomes necessary for seniors to take advantage of supportive services as they age. You can find out about some of these services available to Lawrence, Indiana residents by making use of the resources below:
- The website of the Marion County Council on Aging: The Council on Aging services Lawrence, Indiana residents and others living in Marion County, Indiana. Seniors can take advantage of many different types of services coordinated through the council on aging, including transportation services for seniors who no longer drive; nutrition and meal services; home modifications to facilitate independent living; and supportive services for caregivers.
- Way2Go Senior Transportation: Seniors can visit this site to learn about senior transportation services that they are eligible for. This can include door-to-door shuttle service, wheelchair transportation, and discounted taxi services depending upon the situation.
Frank & Kraft can assist you in finding out about free services. However, because these services may become inadequate if you become unable to handle basic routine activities of daily living or if you suffer from physical or mental incapacity, you may also need to get long term care at home or move to a nursing home. Elder law attorneys help you to ensure you are prepared and ready in case you need such care, so you should give us a call for assistance.
Probate and Guardianship Resources in Lawrence, Indiana
Because Lawrence, Indiana is located in Marion County, Indiana, those who need to go to probate court will need to take advantage of resources provided by the Marion County court system. Going to probate court could become necessary if someone becomes incapacitated without an incapacity plan and a guardian or conservator needs to be named to manage his or her affairs. If someone has passed away without an estate plan that avoids the probate process, then it will also be necessary to go to probate court so wealth can transfer to new owners.
Elder law attorneys provide representation to clients who must go to probate court, as well as to those who hope to make plans that spare their loved ones the need for court proceedings in Marion County’s probate court. You can contact an attorney for personalized help or make use of the resources below to better understand probate and guardianship in Lawrence, Indiana.
- The Marion County Superior Court website: This website provides details on local rules for probate proceedings in Marion County, as well as probate documents and information about the Marion County probate court. The court is located at City-County Building T-1721 in the Center Tower on the 17th Floor. The telephone number to reach the probate court in Marion County is 317-327-5063.
- Guardianship information: Here, you can find information about the Indiana laws governing guardianship as well as forms that are necessary in circumstances where petitioning for guardianship becomes necessary to gain authority to act on behalf of an incapacitated person.
Understanding the law can be complicated, so getting appropriate legal help can be important when issues arise related to probate or guardianship. You want to ensure your loved one is appropriately provided for if he or she becomes sick or hurt and unable to act on his own, and you also want to ensure that the wishes of the deceased are respected during the probate process.
Medicaid Resources in Lawrence, Indiana
Another important service an elder law attorney provides is assisting with the Medicaid planning process. Making a Medicaid plan is important in case you need nursing home care some day. Medicaid will pay for nursing home care for people who qualify for means-tested Medicaid benefits, whereas Medicare and most private insurers only cover skilled nursing care and only provide such coverage under very limited circumstances.
To find out more about Medicaid, Medicare, and the types of coverage they provide to Lawrence, Indiana residents, you can make use of these resources. You can also get personalized help with a Medicaid plan so you can get covered by Medicaid if you reach out to Frank & Kraft for help.
- The Indiana Medicaid website: Here, you will find information for local residents about how Medicaid works, what you must do to qualify, and the types of coverage that Medicaid can provide to you.
- Medicare in Indiana: This Indiana government website provides details about what Medicare is, who is eligible, how you can enroll in Medicare, when you can enroll, what Medicare covers, how much of your care it covers, and what your rights are as a beneficiary of Medicare.
If you want to ensure that you’re able to get more coverage for nursing home care and long term care than Medicare offers, it’s important to act in advance of the time you need care because transferring assets to protect them can cause you to be temporarily disqualified from Medicaid for a period of time.
Contact a Lawrence, Indiana Elder Law Attorney
These resources should give you insight into some key issues that matter to you if you get sick or as you get older. But you need to get personalized help creating your plan for the future. Give us a call at 317-684-1100 or contact us online to talk with a compassionate and knowledgeable Lawrence, Indiana elder law attorney today to find out what Frank & Kraft can do for you.