Carmel nursing home attorneys can help you to prepare for the possibility that you will some day need to move into a nursing home. Around 70 percent of people who are aged 65 or older will end up needing nursing home care during their lifetimes, according to Wall Street Journal so it makes a lot of sense to prepare in advance for what happens if you become one of the majority of seniors who needs care. By planning in advance, you spare your family from having to scramble to find you care, you ensure you have a plan in place to pay for it, and you have the time to select a facility that will provide you with the best possible quality of life.
Frank & Kraft is here to help you make your nursing home plan. We can guide you through all of the necessary steps in making sure you will have the right nursing home to move to if it becomes necessary.
We provide assistance not just wit advanced planning when you are making plans ahead of time in case you need nursing care later but also in situations where nursing home care is needed imminently thanks to a medical crisis. To find out more about how our Carmel nursing home attorneys can help you, give us a call today.
Tips for Choosing a Nursing Home That Provides High Quality Care
Not all nursing homes provide the same level of high quality care to seniors, and some care facilities actually have a very poor reputation. To make sure you find a facility where you will be treated well and not become victimized by abuse or neglect, here are a few simple tips for selecting a nursing home:
- Read reviews and ratings of the care facility: In addition to local reviews and ratings, you can use Medicare’s Nursing Home Compare tool that provides detailed information about nursing homes in your area. Search by facility name or by location to find out about ratings, past problems at nursing homes, whether the facilities are Medicare and Medicaid eligible, and more.
- Visit the care facility several time: You also want to visit the care facility so you can get a clear idea of what life is like there. When you visit, observe interactions between staff and patients. Do patients seem happy and do they appear to like the people who are caring for them? How many staff members are there to tend to the needs of each patient? Do patients seem clean and well fed? What about common areas? Try to visit at meal time if possible to get an idea of what the food at the facility is like and how residents and staff interact with each other.
- Review the nursing home admissions paperwork: Many nursing homes have clauses in admissions contracts restricting the rights of residents. One example is arbitration clauses that require disputes over nursing home neglect or abuse to be submitted to an arbitrator instead of a court. You want to make sure the facility you select does not have any provisions that hurt your interests or that abridge your rights so you cannot stand up for yourself if something goes wrong.
There may also be other considerations specific to your own unique situation. Frank & Kraft can help you to identify the most important things to look for when selecting a home and can help you to make certain that you’re making the best choice on a decision that will impact the rest of your life.
Getting Help from Carmel Nursing Home Attorneys
Carmel nursing home attorneys at Frank & Kraft can provide personalized one-on-one advice as you make your plans for what nursing home is the best choice for your situation. We can also help with the creation of a comprehensive Medicaid plan so you don’t have to worry about how you will pay for a home and so you don’t have to impoverish yourself just because you need care.
To find out more about the services our legal team can offer you in selecting a nursing home that provides the care you need to thrive as a senior, join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call at 317-684-1100 or contact us online at any time for assistance.
Mr. Kraft assists clients primarily in the areas of estate planning and administration, Medicaid planning, federal and state taxation, real estate and corporate law, bringing the added perspective of an accounting background to his work.
Latest posts by Paul A. Kraft, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Planning for the International Client - July 17, 2018
- Planning for the Unexpected - July 12, 2018
- 6 Important Estate Planning Considerations – Part 6: Taxes - July 10, 2018