Indianapolis probate attorneys offer comprehensive help throughout the entirety of the probate process. Our legal team can work with those involved in probate proceedings in order to ensure that all those going to probate court make smart choices, fulfill their obligations, and move the probate process along as quickly as possible.
Going to court and going through probate is stressful, especially at a time of grief, but a good lawyer can bring knowledge and compassion to the process to make the probate proceedings easier for you to handle. Frank & Kraft has helped many people involved in the probate process, including executors of an estate, heirs or beneficiaries, and individuals who have chosen to contest a will.
Whatever the role is that you must play during the probate process, our firm will help you to fulfill your obligations and to keep the process as stress-free as possible. Give us a call today to find out more about the personalized, practical advice that our firm can offer you.
Who Do Indianapolis Probate Attorneys Represent?
Indianapolis probate attorneys at Frank & Kraft can help anyone who is involved in the probate process. We routinely represent executors, who have a fiduciary duty, which is the highest legal duty that a person can owe under the law. Fiduciaries must not act to enrich themselves and must not put their own interests first.
Executors not only have legal obligations, but also must take care of all of the technical steps involve in the probate process. Our legal team can explain what the steps are that executors must take and can provide help fulfilling each obligation. If there is court paperwork, tax paperwork and other legal forms to complete, our firm can also take care of this paperwork on your behalf to ensure you’re doing everything correctly and completing all paperwork by any deadlines that may exist. Since executors have so many responsibilities, it is vital they find a lawyer as soon as they can.
Our firm not only represents executors, but we also provide advocacy, advice and representation to others who are involved in the probate process. For example, we represent heirs or beneficiaries who want to ensure that the probate process goes smoothly so they can protect the inheritance that they are supposed to receive.
We can also provide representation to those who believe a last will and testament is not a true reflection of the wishes of the deceased. Wills made when the deceased was not of sound mind, or wills made under conditions of fraud or duress, should not be probated. It could be up to the person who is trying to contest the will to provide a convincing and clear argument that there was a problem with the will creation. Frank & Kraft can provide help making a solid argument for why the will shouldn’t be considered a valid one.
How do Indianapolis Probate Attorneys Help?
Indianapolis probate attorneys can provide assistance with all of the steps that executors or other interested parties must take during the probate process. A knowledge and compassionate legal professional at Frank & Kraft can help you to:
- Understand the role each different party plays within the probate process. The executor, for example, has a lot of responsibilities to manage assets, pay taxes, and officially transfer ownership of assets. Heirs have different obligations, as do individuals who are contesting a will. There’s no substitute for one-on-one advice when going though probate, especially if there is a substantial inheritance potentially at stake.
- Complete probate requirements. This includes filing tax paperwork, providing notice to potential heirs and to creditors, going through the process in court, and all other steps necessary for assets to be managed during probate and ultimately transfer to new owners in accordance with the deceased’s wishes or in accordance with intestacy law.
These are just some of the different ways that Indianapolis probate attorneys can provide assistance. There is no substitute for personalized one-on-one help, so reach out today to schedule a consultation.
Getting Help from Indianapolis Probate Attorneys
Frank & Kraft will work with you to help make the probate process go smoothly, to help you to fulfill your duties, and to help ensure that your inheritance is protected during probate. Give us a call at 317-684-1100 or contact us online to to find out more about the ways in which our legal team can guide you through probate after someone you care about has passed away. You can also join us for a free seminar to learn more about how the probate process works.
Mr. Kraft assists clients primarily in the areas of estate planning and administration, Medicaid planning, federal and state taxation, real estate and corporate law, bringing the added perspective of an accounting background to his work.
Latest posts by Paul A. Kraft, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- If a Beneficiary Dies During Probate What Happens to the Inheritance? - September 18, 2019
- Is Your Power of Attorney Powerless? What to Do When a Third Party Won’t Honor an Agent’s Authority - September 11, 2019
- Are There Different Types of Special Needs Trusts? - September 4, 2019