Marvin J. Frank and Paul A. Kraft were contributing Authors to the book entitled “GENERATIONS: Planning Your Legacy – Practical Answers from America’s Foremost Estate Planning Attorneys.”
How can you now pass a greater amount of money to your loved ones free from federal estate tax than you could in the past? How can you protect your assets from creditors?
Generations was the first book of its kind to answer these and many other vital questions on how you can reduce or eliminate the effects of income, estate, gift, and capital gain taxes in light of the laws passed by Congress in 1996, 1997, and 1998, as well as rulings issued by the courts, the Department of the Treasury, and the Internal Revenue Service.
The information is presented in an easy-to-understand, question-and-answer format so that you can quickly pinpoint the specific topics that are relevant to your planning needs.
Some of the planning topics and questions answered in the book, include:
- Will you be better off paying capital gain taxes or ordinary income taxes?
- Should you roll your traditional IRA over to a new Roth IRA?
- Should you take advantage of the new exclusion for sale of a residence?
- How can you plan for your disability?
- How can you eliminate federal estate tax on life insurance death proceeds?
- How can you increase your gifts to charities?
- How can you plan for your family and/or friends?