A Carmel asset protection planning lawyer at Frank & Kraft will work closely with you to develop a plan to keep your money and property safe and secure. It is very important that you work with an attorney to identify ways to protect the assets that you have worked so hard to acquire. You want your money and property to serve as your legacy and to support and provide for you and your family during the course of your life, so you need to work with an experienced attorney to ensure that you are doing everything you can to keep your wealth safe.
A Carmel asset protection planning lawyer at our firm will help. We know the ins-and-outs of the asset protection planning process and we will work closely with you to identify risks to your financial security and to take steps to mitigate and minimize those risks. To learn more about the ways in which our legal team can assist you with a wide variety of matters related to asset protection planning and otherwise preparing for the future, give us a call today. You can also read on to learn why asset protection planning is so important.
Why Asset Protection Planning is so Important
It is important that you make plans to protect your assets because:
- There could be many potential sources of risk to your wealth: Almost everyone faces some risks that could result in a loss of asses. This could be creditor claims if you hit a financial snag or costly medical care bills or a risk your business will go into debt or get a judgement against it. If you don’t identify the risks, then you won’t know what you need to protect against and you are very vulnerable to losses.
- The chances you’ll lose your hard-earned assets can increase as you age: As you get older, the biggest threat to your assets often becomes the possibility that you will need to move into a nursing home. If you require costly nursing home care, you may find yourself in a situation where you have to pay out of pocket because Medicare won’t cover a nursing home and neither will private insurance in most circumstances. Unless you need skilled nursing care, you may have to pay thousands of dollars monthly out of your own money for nursing home bills. But, if you work with an asset protection planning lawyer, you could avoid this by making a plan to qualify for Medicaid without impoverishing yourself first.
- You deserve to leave a legacy: You owe it to your heirs or beneficiaries to take steps to protect your assets from being lost in case of your incapacity or from being reduced due to estate tax and high costs of the probate process after your death.
Depending upon the specifics of your situation, there may also be many other reasons why asset protection planning is vitally important in your particular case. For example, some people face a much more substantial risk of loss than others. Frank & Kraft will help you to ensure that you know about the particular risks that could affect you so you can take the right steps to protect your wealth.
How a Carmel Asset Protection Planning Lawyer Can Help You
A Carmel asset protection planning lawyer will provide you with personalized help and support as you make plans to protect your hard-earned wealth. You work too hard over the course of your life to build up a nest egg and to become the owner of assets that you can pass on to your heirs or beneficiaries. You don’t want to lose everything if there is a way to keep your assets safe. Frank & Kraft will help you to identify the tools you can use so your money and property are as protected as possible.
To find out more about the different ways our asset protection planning lawyers can help you, join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call at 317-684-1100 or contact us online to get personalized one-on-one advice about all aspects of the asset protection planning process. Call today to get your plans underway.
Mr. Kraft assists clients primarily in the areas of estate planning and administration, Medicaid planning, federal and state taxation, real estate and corporate law, bringing the added perspective of an accounting background to his work.
Latest posts by Paul A. Kraft, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Is Your Power of Attorney Powerless? What to Do When a Third Party Won’t Honor an Agent’s Authority - September 11, 2019
- Are There Different Types of Special Needs Trusts? - September 4, 2019
- How Much Might I Receive in Veterans Aid & Attendance Benefits? - August 29, 2019